Sydney Showground wins at the Australian Event Awards
Posted on : 22 September 2016
Sydney Showground has been announced as the winner of Best Achievement in Venue Management at the Australian Event Awards on Wednesday evening at a lavish ceremony on the Sunshine Coast.
This is the second major event industry victory for Sydney Showground within 12 months, after it won Best Venue Team at the Exhibition & Event Association of Australasia in December 2015.
Both wins highlight the ongoing success and diversity of the company, which continues to deliver in the Australasian major event space, for music festivals, professional sporting teams, exhibitions through to the recent highly acclaimed 4,000-strong Chinese incentive gala dinner, Nu Skin.
Peter Thorpe, General Manager of Sydney Showground, said he was thrilled with the win, which is a testament to consistent company-wide performance and outstanding customer engagement.
“Sydney Showground operates 365 days a year and hosts 110 events for approximately 1.7 million people. It takes a cohesive, professional and efficient business to deliver outstanding service year-round, and I’m thrilled this Australian Event Award has highlighted the team’s efforts to the nation,” he said.
“We provide high-end service to an array of clients, stakeholders and event attendees and I congratulate my team. This year, the business incredibly delivered Australia’s largest ticketed event, the Sydney Royal Easter Show, before turning their dedication to the Nu Skin gala dinner within days. Our incredible chefs and service staff delivered 4,000, 5-star meals with precision timing, for this complex event – just one example of many where the team exceeded client expectations.
“We were up against some incredible businesses and facilities such as Etihad Stadium, Luna Park and the Sydney Cricket Ground, so we’re thrilled to walk away with this fantastic recognition,” Peter Thorpe said.
Co-chair of the Australian Event Awards independent industry judging panel, Sandy Hollway, former CEO of the 2000 Olympic Games, said the strength of all entries in the Event Awards is a testament to the Winners.
“Winners this year have shown an impressive ability to bring creative, engaging concepts to life, and to surmount constraints and obstacles to deliver incredible experiences to attendees at a vast array of public and private events both in Australia and overseas,” Sandy Hollway said.
The Australian Event Awards recognise the most outstanding events in Australia and achievements in the industry around the world.
Further information and interview requests please contact:
Royal Agricultural Society of NSW
t (02) 9704 1453 e firstname.lastname@example.org
DID YOU KNOW?
- Sydney Showground is a not-for-profit with all revenue going directly back into supporting agriculture and rural communities in NSW (Sydney Showground is part of the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW, RAS)
- Spotless Stadium was voted No. 1 for AFL fan experience in 2015
- Spotless Stadium is home to the GWS Giants, Sydney Thunder and will host 8 home games of the Western Sydney Wanderers in 2016-17
- Sydney Showground has the Best Venue Team, as awarded by EEAA in 2015
- Sydney Showground is the winner of Best Achievement in Venue Management at the Australian Event Awards 2016
- Sydney Showground has 22 unique venues
- Sydney Showground hosts over 110 large events each year
- Sydney Showground can cater for events from 100 to 10,000 people
- Sydney Showground hosts Australia’s largest ticketed event, the Sydney Royal Easter Show
- Sydney Showground welcomes over 1.7 million visitors a year
- Sydney Showground has 5 hotels within walking distance
- Sydney Showground has over 30 places to eat within 300m of the site