Sydney Showground generates revenue through venue sales, event services and catering, with the income used to assist the principal charter of the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW; supporting, promoting and celebrating excellence in agriculture. The RAS also trades as 'Sydney Showground', ‘Sydney Royal Easter Show’ and ‘Australasian Animal Registry’.
What personal information does Sydney Showground collect and how is it collected?
When you register with SS using our website registration form or if you send us an email, facsimile or postal article, we receive record and utilise this information for the purpose given. This information may include (but not limited to) your name, current and previous address, credit card details, and occupation. If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, information requested or entry into any exhibition or competition.
Where and how does Sydney Showground store personal information?
Any personal information received by SS is stored electronically in our database or recorded manually. Any such information may be printed and stored in our filing system.
How does Sydney Showground use your personal information?
Your personal information may be used in order to (but not limited to):
- Provide the services and information you require
- Promote and advertise Sydney Showground, agricultural competitions and associated activities at the Sydney Royal Easter Show using media services
- Administer and manage those services, including charging billing and collecting debts
- Inform you of RAS activities, events, facilities and services
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit worthiness and for fraud
- Research, develop and expand our facilities and services
- Gain an understanding of our members’, exhibitors’ and patrons’ needs to provide a better service in all its areas of activities
- Maintain and develop our internal systems and infrastructure including upgrading of these systems
- The personal information may also be collected to promote and market other services that we consider important or beneficial to our objects or not for profit status such as the RAS of NSW Foundation; and archival and museum purposes
- Process your recruitment application and conduct research into the recruitment process
When does Sydney Showground disclose your personal information?
We do not disclose your personal information unless you have consented to such disclosure. However, in some circumstances we may indirectly disclose your personal information to persons outside the RAS to assist the RAS in performing its functions and these include:
- Outsourced service providers who may manage services we provide
- Mailing systems
- Billing and debt recovery functions
- Information technology services
- Marketing, telemarketing; and Market Research
- Credit reporting agencies
- Credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit worthiness, credit rating, credit provision
- RAS professional advisors including accountants, auditors and lawyers
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations as required or authorised by law; and
- Achieving its agricultural objects through the RAS of NSW Foundation Limited ABN 84 124 177 608
Does Sydney Showground send personal information outside Australia?
In the event any competition entered attracts international interest judge or the particular event is deemed to be an international event, documentation containing personal information may be sent to any such international interest.
How does Sydney Showground use this information and to whom is it disclosed?
SS uses the information supplied for the purpose given. Disclosure to unrelated third parties only occurs with your approval.
Children and privacy
How can you find out what personal information Sydney Showground holds about you and correct/alter it if need be?
If you would like to update your personal information or if you seek to know what personal information we currently hold about you please contact the RAS Privacy Officer on 02 9704 1111 or write to the RAS, Locked Bag 4317, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127.
Michael T Kenny