ROYAL AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY OF NSW ABN 69 793 644 351 ("RAS")
Trading as: Sydney Showground
Sydney Royal Easter Show
Australasian Animal Registry
Information provided to the Royal Agricultural Society of New South Wales ("RAS") via this website is used for the purpose of processing membership, your enquiry, your application, providing you with general information and ensuring that the records of the RAS are correct and efficient. This information will remain confidential at all times except for disclosure which you have consented to or which is otherwise required by law.
We may use your information to advise you about other services or facilities which we offer, or are offered through the RAS of NSW Foundation Limited ABN 84 124 177 608, a wholly owned subsidiary of the RAS. The provision of information is voluntary, however, if this information is not provided the RAS may not be able to use your information to effect the purposes for which the information has been provided or collected.
You have the right of access to and alteration of personal information concerning yourself in accordance with the Privacy Laws. This may be done by contacting our Privacy Officer on (02) 9704 1111 or in writing to the RAS, Locked Bag 4317, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127.
This website provides information about the Royal Agricultural Society of New South Wales ("RAS"). It is only intended to provide a general outline and is not complete or definitive.
Nothing in this website constitutes an offer to enter into a legally binding contract. Changes may be made to this website, or to the services or prices published on this website at any time without notice. RAS does not give any warranty or accept any responsibility for outdated or inaccurate information on this website. Except as required by the law, RAS will not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred as a result of any error, omission or misrepresentation contained in this website.
Material may contain links to other websites. RAS does not necessarily endorse or approve of any material on such websites. RAS makes no warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material which may violate any person's rights or any law. RAS will not be responsible for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred as a result of accessing those other websites.
This website is created and controlled by RAS, as such, the laws of the State of NSW will govern these disclaimers, terms and conditions. We reserve the right to make changes to our website and these disclaimers, terms and conditions from time to time.
No part of this website may be reproduced in any form without the prior written permission of the RAS.
The RAS is committed to ensuring adherence to the National Privacy Act Principles and providing the highest levels of service. We understand that privacy in all our dealings with our members, volunteers, licensees, exhibitors, competitors and all third parties is paramount.
The RAS is a not for profit entity with the principal aim of promoting, fostering and encouraging the development of agricultural pursuits. The RAS pursues this aim through the holding of the annual Sydney Royal Easter Show, conducting the Sydney Royal Fine Food and Wine Shows, a number of other agricultural activities, and acts as a venue for the holding of exhibitions, entertainment activities and functions. As a result it has access to the personal information of its exhibitors, licensees, competitors and other third parties. The RAS is also the parent company of its wholly owned subsidiary RAS of NSW Foundation Limited ABN 84 124 177 608 which operates for the purpose of granting funds to education, sustainable agriculture and rural projects in accordance with the overarching framework of the mission, values and purposes of the RAS.
What personal information does the RAS collect and how is it collected?
When you register with the RAS using our website registration form or if you send us an email, facsimile or postal article, we receive record and utilise this information for the purpose given. This information may include (but not limited to) your name, current and previous address, credit card details, and occupation. If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, information requested or entry into any exhibition or competition. The RAS also trades as 'Sydney Showground', ‘Sydney Royal Easter Show’ and ‘Australasian Animal Registry’.
Where and how does the RAS store personal information?
Any personal information received by the RAS is stored electronically in our database or recorded manually. Any such information may be printed and stored in our filing system.
Access to your information in the animal registry database is password protected by your name and microchip number. If you would like further password protection for your account please contact (02) 9704 1111 during business hours.
How does the RAS use your personal information?
Your personal information may be used in order to (but not limited to):
- provide the services and information you require;
- conduct and record the agricultural competitions at the Sydney Royal Easter Show;
- promote and advertise the agricultural competitions and associated activities at the Sydney Royal Easter Show using media services;
- administer and manage those services, including charging billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of RAS activities, events, facilities and services;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit worthiness and for fraud;
- research, develop and expand our facilities and services;
- gain an understanding of our members’, exhibitors’ and patrons’ needs to provide a better service in all its areas of activities;
- maintain and develop our internal systems and infrastructure including upgrading of these systems;
- the personal information may also be collected to promote and market other services that we consider important or beneficial to our objects or not for profit status such as the RAS of NSW Foundation; and
- archival and museum purposes.
- process your recruitment application and conduct research into the recruitment process.
When does the RAS disclose your personal information?
We do not disclose your personal information unless you have consented to such disclosure.
However, in some circumstances we may indirectly disclose your personal information to persons outside the RAS to assist the RAS in performing its functions and these include:
- Outsourced service providers who may manage services we provide;
- Mailing systems;
- Billing and debt recovery functions;
- Information technology services;
- Marketing, telemarketing; and
- Market Research
- Credit reporting agencies;
- Credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit worthiness, credit rating, credit provision;
- RAS professional advisors including accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations as required or authorised by law; and
- Achieving its agricultural objects through the RAS of NSW Foundation Limited ABN 84 124 177 608.
Does the RAS send personal information outside Australia?
In the event any competition entered attracts an international judge or the particular competition or exhibition is deemed to be an international competition, catalogues containing personal information may be sent to any such international judge or international competitors.
How does the RAS use this information and to whom is it disclosed?
The RAS uses the information supplied for the purpose given. Disclosure to unrelated third parties only occurs with your approval.
Children and Privacy
How can you find out what personal information the RAS holds about you and correct/alter it if need be?
If you would like to update your personal information or if you seek to know what personal information we currently hold about you please contact the RAS Privacy Officer on (02) 9704 1111 or write to the RAS, Locked Bag 4317, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127.