Since the precinct was opened in 2000 for the Sydney Olympic Games it has become firmly established as Sydney’s major event hub and the suburb renamed Sydney Olympic Park.
Sydney Showground is part of this bustling commercial and residential hub with excellent access and amenities for everyone.
Retail and services
A growing range of shops and services to satisfy your essential daily needs are in close proximity to Sydney Showground. Nearby Rhodes Shopping Centre and Parramatta Westfield provide a more extensive shopping experience.
A number of ATMs can be found around the Sydney Olympic Park precinct. Closest to Sydney Showground are:
- Westpac, Showground Road
- Commonwealth Bank, Dawn Fraser Avenue
- The Brewery, Novotel Hotel
Sydney Showground venues have been designed to accommodate the needs of people with access difficulties. Every building is compliant with accessible standards set by the Australian Government.
- A completely flat site offering easy access for all patrons
- Hearing loops installed in all venues
- Each venue is equipped with disabled access (ramps and lifts)
- Toilet facilities have full disabled access and amenities
- The Amphitheatre and Stadium has wheel chair parking with full view of the field, and stage
- Guide dog access is permitted when accompanied by a visually impaired person
In 2010, the Sydney Royal Easter Show, run by the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW and held at Sydney Showground, was recognised with the Access Award for Physical Access by Auburn City Council.