Find venue for
Plan your event
Sydney Showground is an award-winning venue, supported by a team of dedicated professionals experienced in delivering a wide range of events to an exceptional standard. Our venue team works in partnership with our clients to deliver our ‘big experiences’ promise.
Sydney Showground offers a complete range of venue facilities, event planning, exhibitor services and catering to suit your event.
Sydney Showground offers a dedicated team for your event including, Account Manager, Event Planner and Floor Manager to navigate you from start to finish.
From day one Sydney Showground provides assistance in designing your event. These services include:
- Creating an event order for your event
- Reviewing and approving floor plans
- Engaging third party services including: plumbers, electricians etc
- Ensure risk assessments and WHS regulations are adhered to
- Create crowd entry/management plans
- Confirm catering and menus with clients
- Liaising with relevant government authorities
The floor manager assigned to your event will oversee the smooth running of your event, coordinating security, ticketing, transport, and cleaning.
Sydney Showground, through its links with the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW, has unrivalled access to the best Australian produce available. A wide range of options, from simple tasty working lunches to restaurant quality menus, are made with the finest fresh produce from around the country. Make your selection from the Sydney Showground Menu Compendium.
Sydney Showground offers a range of specialist technical services with in-house electricians, plumbers, sign-makers, painters and maintenance crew at your disposal. Let your Event Manager know what you need and they'll take care of it. Audio-visual, staging and production can be provided through the venue's preferred partner, Harry the Hirer, which your event manager can provide contact for.
The venue is equipped with full internet access, telephone, fax and EFTPOS lines for you to service your exhibitor and attendees. A number of options are available to suit a wide range of communication and IT requirements. Brief in your requirements and let our experienced team provide a range of options.
The Sydney Showground security team are experts at managing the complex challenges of big events and have an excellent working relationship with NSW Police. A 24-hour security control room with access to feeds from over 120 CCTV cameras across the precinct ensures the safety and security of guests.
Sydney Showground is experienced in hosting events with complex requirements. The venue is able to offer a number of specialist services, such as water, gas, compressed air supplies and waste removal.
Marketing Requirement Form
Sydney Showground is situated within Sydney Olympic Park (SOP) where access and inclusion played a major role in the planning, design and delivery of the 2000 Olympic and Paralympic Games . It was also home to Invictus Games Sydney 2018 when The Dome was transformed into ‘Invictus Games House,’ home to family and friends for the duration of the Games. This legacy has helped ensure our venues are accessible to all patrons.
- Over 10,000 parking spaces and 376 accessible and mobility car parking spaces.
- Plan an accessibile trip on public transport to Sydney Showground via the Trip Planner.
- All venues located within Sydney Showground have been designed with accessbility in mind including easy pedestrian access with street access to all venues.
- Amenities and services at Sydney Showground include large clear signage, elevators, hearing loops, accessibile tickets, seating and toilets.
- Service/Guide Dogs are permitted within the venue.
Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility
The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) operates Sydney Showground at Sydney Olympic Park.
Sydney Showground, together with Sydney Olympic Park Authority (SOPA) have set a goal to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2030 and actively work to minimise impact on the environment. This work includes:
- Environmentally sustainable practices
- Supporting regional and rural communities
- Location within Sydney Olympic Park, a 6 Star Green Star Communities rating precinct
Sydney Showground sustainability targets include:
- Reducing site wide reliance on the grid
- Maximising our investments in competitions and programs that support sustainable agricultural development and educate the community about food, fibre and farming
Home to the Sydney Royal Fine Food Awards, it should come as no surprise to hear that the Sydney Showground kitchens are stocked with only the freshest produce from around the country.
Showcasing these hero ingredients is our passion – seasonal and custom menus are carefully curated to match each and every event, highlighting the rich diversity of modern Australian dining.
Our kitchen teams focus is on high-quality, locally sourced ingredients that reflects Sydney Showground's signature fresh and vibrant style. Our chefs have a diverse background with experience in classic French, Asian, Middle Eastern and European flavours.
What makes Sydney Showground particularly unique is the close working partnerships forged with award-winning producers in regional Australia. With unrivalled access to the best Australian produce available, our menus are designed to impress even the most sophisticated palate.
Sydney Showground has won multiple catering awards for a variety of events including winning the 2019 Banqueting and Catering at the MEA State and Territory Awards.
With access to over 25 concessionaires and food trucks the Sydney Showground team can provide catering for numbers of 150 to 50,000 patrons.
From bespoke catering options for expos through to gala dinners with the finest seasonal produce, Sydney Showground has the ability to curate the perfect menu for your event. With fresh new creative options we can prepare a Sydney Royal Charcuterie board, a donut wall or even a bacon clothesline!
Speak to your event representative about the catering options we can offer you.