Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility
The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) operates Sydney Showground at Sydney Olympic Park.
Sydney Showground, together with Sydney Olympic Park Authority (SOPA) have set a goal to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2030 and actively work to minimise impact on the environment. This work includes:
- Environtmentally sustainable practices
- Supporting reigonal and rural communities
- Location within Sydney Olympic Park, a 6 Star Green Star Communities rating precinct
Sydney Showground sustainability targets include:
- Reducing site wide reliance on the grid
- Maximising our investments in competitons and programs that support sustainable agriculutral development and educate the community about food, fibre and farming
Full details of the Sydney Olympic Park sustainability and environmental information, of which we are part of, can be found here.